For Biafra Choice Writers
“One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law” - Martin Luther King Jr.
“Protest beyond the law is not a departure from democracy; it is absolutely essential to it.” - Howard Zinn
It is in the light of the foregoing that Biafrans will no longer participate in any of the illegitimate elections to be organized by expired Nigeria. It is the conviction of this writer that only criminals will want to participate in Nigeria’s election – under and illegitimate constitution hosted by an expired country, even Chimaobi Okpara outlines a possible rout to getting Biafra through boycott.
1. Boycott of Nigeria’s elections will tell the world that Biafrans do not want anybody under Nigeria to rule or govern them, because sovereignty and power belong to the people.
2. It would mean that Biafrans obey Nnamdi Kanu, and will tell the world that he is the only person Biafrans have accepted to lead them.
3. Participating in the election will enable the All Progressives Congress (APC) the Muslim party to use the opportunity to write fake results and announce their stooges like Okorocha and Joe Igbokwe as winners, as they did in Edo and Ondo states, despite the people coming out to vote.
4. But if we boycott the elections, it will make International Observers to acknowledge the fact that Biafrans Boycotted the Election, and any results announced by their electoral commission will obviously imposed candidates, and therefore illegitimate.
5. Other political parties backed by International observers and other relevant NGOs will ask the court to nullify the election result because there was no election in Anambra state.
6. Another Election will be scheduled for Anambra state which we will boycott again and again, and the cycle will continue till 2019.
7. With Anambra as an example, the Nigerian central government will know what awaits them in 2019 general election. They will be forced to negotiate with IPOB.
8. If they fail to negotiate, a successful boycott of 2019 Election in Biafraland will lead to inconclusive Presidential Election in Nigeria, and a new president cannot emerge or be sworn. This will leave Nigeria without a government and in a state of turmoil. The country will be in a stand still as the world watch.
9. They may be stupid to go ahead and organize a run-off election Biafraland States, in which they will share lots of money for people to come out and vote. But how many Biafrans can they bribe, and with how much?
10. Then Biafrans will still refuse to come out and vote, the world will force them to organize a referendum, or Biafrans will unilaterally begin to govern themselves.
By Chimaobi Okpara
It is only criminals that indulge in illegalities and see nothing wrong with it. Biafrans must therefore know that those urging them to participate in Nigerian illegal elections; based on its illegitimate Abdul Salami Constitution of 1999, is a criminal. On top of that, Nigeria expired in 2014.
Biafrans are not participating in the so-called Nigerian election. We will no longer give legitimacy to criminals whose only business is to steal money and government and leave their people in abject poverty. No election in Biafraland!