■ Retweet: @Umuchiukwu_writ
■ March 22, 2017
BIAFRA FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES AND POLICY
The State of Biafra shall be a union of voluntary nations with the same irreducible value-system, culture and historical ties. To join the union of Biafra, each proposed constituent nation or sub-nation listed below must vote in a referendum, where they will unambiguously assert their will to be part of the union of the State of Biafra.
There shall be no, inducement, coercion, force, pressure or arm-twisting. The rebirth of the State of Biafra shall be a coalition of willing nations under the protection of the Most High Supreme Creator of the Universe Almighty God Chukwu Okike Abiama, in whose grace and protection we place our trust.
BIAFRA AUTONOMOUS NATIONS
The idea of national autonomy is based on the principle of equality of all constituent Biafra nations.
They shall constitute the primary area of Legislation, Governance, Management and Control of Natural Resources and issues relating to Self-Determination.
The Purpose of Biafra Autonomous Nations are:
- to reaffirm our faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and
- to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,
- To maintain national peace and security, and to that end: to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and national law, adjustment or settlement of national disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;
- To develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples, and to take other appropriate measures to strengthen universal peace;
- To achieve national co-operation in solving national problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character, and in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion.
STATE OF BIAFRA GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE
- BIAFRA PARLIAMENT
- PRIME MINISTER
- BIAFRA PARLIAMENT
- NATIONAL LEGISLATURE
- CHAMBER OF DEPUTIES
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT
- APPELLATE COURT
- COURT OF JUSTICE
- COMMON LAW COURT
The three branches are :
the Legislative - the part that makes laws,
the Executive - the part that carries out ( executes) the laws, and
the Judiciary - the courts that decide if the law has been broken.
These Separation of Powers helps to make sure people are safe. The executive branch carries out the laws but cannot make laws to make themselves powerful. Also the judiciary is responsible for making sure that criminals are punished so that members of the government or legislature cannot ignore the law as the judiciary can check on them.
The Executive carries out the day-to-day government and administration of Biafraland. It proposes laws to the parliament and executes the laws passed by the parliament. The Executive is formed from the majority party or parties in Biafra Parliament. Members of the Executive (Directorate of State) are all members of either the Biafra Parliament or National Legislature. The operation of the Executive and the Parliament are inextricably intertwined.
- There shall be a Prime Minister who is the head of government and leader of a multi-party System in Biafraland.
- The Prime Minister selects and may dismiss other members of the cabinet, and allocates posts to members within the government.
- The Prime Minister is the pivotal person in contemporary executive governments. The PM is the focus of public and media attention and has immense power to shape the composition of the government and determine its policy directions.
- The Prime Minister overviews the Executive Arm of Government in Biafraland, including information on the major Conventions, the operation of the Directorate of State, the work of Ministers and the Cabinet, ministerial behavior and resignations.
- There shall be a President of Biafra who shall be elected by the Chamber of Deputies by a secret ballot process.
- The minimum age limit for the office of the President shall be 30years, and the maximum age limit shall be 75years. Minimum qualification shall be the old Standard Six or bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- The President of Biafra is the de jure head of Biafraland. The position is largely an apolitical and ceremonial role.
- The President's ceremonial roles include signing every law (except those about the President's powers) and international or bilateral treaty, ceremonially appointing the Prime Minister, confirming and endorsing the credentials of ambassadors, and receiving the credentials of foreign diplomats.
- The President is the only government official with the power to pardon or commute prison sentence.
- The President appoints the Chairman of the Treasury Board of Biafra upon recommendation from the Prime Minister.
- The President also ceremonially appoints judges to their posts after their selection, he/she is nevertheless crucial to the operation of Biafra’s executive government.
- The President chairs the special session of the Directorate of State, gives assent to legislation, makes appointments on the advice of the government, and performs a host of other executive and ceremonial functions.
- The President’s role is also in appointing the Prime Minister who is usually the leader of the largest party in Parliament following an election, dissolving parliaments and calling elections.
Published by Umuchiukwu Writers